Christmas 2012

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Christmas in July

When I was a kid, probably 5 or 6, my Dad suprised myself and my Mom with Christmas in July. I was very young, but I definitely remember this day. I remember being absolutely amazed...and a little freaked out that Santa was watching in the summer. I remember how great a feeling this experience brought so I wanted to do it for Chris this year.

Keith and I went over what we could do and we came up with the idea of getting a pool. It's been a scorcher around here lately and we felt that this would remedy the situation. Chris being a water bug also helped make the decision relatively easy.

We tired Chris out big time the night before and got everything set up. Everything was wrapped and we brought out a mini tree we had and decorated it to the nines.

When Chris woke up the next morning he completely missed the whole set-up twice!! Lol!! Finally got him pointed in the right direction and it was funny to hear him stop for a second, and then proceed back into the room looking very confused. The first thing out of his mouth was, "Guys?? What day is today??"

He was tickled to pieces, but got very concerned with Hoho's note saying that he still needed to be good because he was keeping an eye on him. :) I totally instill fear into my kid by using Hoho, lol!

It took a week to get the pool up and running because we had to level a portion of our patio (boy, was that the worst!), but it is up!! It's a wonderful 85 degrees (Mommy wishes is was a few more), and we are in it every day. Sophie loves it too. She's our little splashing girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment