Christmas 2012

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Goodbye My Daisy Girl...

Last night was a hard night for us. We had to put one of our beloved pets to sleep. She just wasn't doing to well the past few days. She was the first dog that I had ever had and she completely converted me into a dog lover. She had just turned 14.

We were both having a hard time when we had to say goodbye, but it is such a blessing to know that we will have her again when we return home. I can just see her running with her big floppy ears smiling from ear to ear as she's running. She hasn't been able to do that in awhile.

Keith and I were remembering the funny memories we had of her while we were going to sleep last night. She loved to be flung, gently of course, onto the sofa (or bed, or anywhere soft). Her little legs would go into skydiver mode and she would literally be laughing. She figured out a quicker way to go down steps that was hysterical. She would push her back legs back and put her front legs forward and toboggan down the steps on her belly. I remember when my dad had her outside without a leash because "she is old and can't move to fast" and in one second she was gone chasing a rabbit. My poor dad was in a panic.

She lived a great life and we are surely going to miss her. We will never forget you Daisy Girl!! Thanks for the memories. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment