Christmas 2012

Friday, March 23, 2012

Consignment Sales Round 2

We started our annual tour of the spring consignment sales in our area this past Saturday. Can I just say how fabulous these things are??!! There are 3 main ones I normally hit. St. Theresa's Catholic Consignment in Ashburn (this one is great for boy toys). MOPS in ashburn (we have always consigned at this one and have had huge success), and one at the National Guard Armory here in town...I will have to look this one up, I can't remember the name of this one (this one is a 3 day event)

This year, we have added to more to the mix. My Child's Closet at Douglas Community Center, and Dani's Duds at the Expo center. I am especially excited for the one at the expot center for the size of it because that place is huge!!

Today we have the mops sale. Keith and I volunteered last night and had a great time, we always do. We had signed up to help with large items, but I got shifted over to books. Which was fin, I love books! Slight rant here...I understand that, as a consigner, you have a ton of things to bring in and go thru. I would be happy to help you put your books in the appropriate catagory (these are no brainers people...disney books are anything disney, American girl goes with american girl, etc). Please don't make my job that much harder by completely ignoring these catagories and just throwing books on the shelf...that means I have to go thru all the shelves and reorganize...end rant.

I saw a bunch of stuff and myself and a friend will be shopping bright and early at 6:30 am....boo on the time! Keith and I are also going to hit the one at Douglas later today...if you haven't noticed, I am writing this post as it is going to happen today...it is 3am and I am wide awake. Thank goodness Keith is off and can take care of the kiddos because I know I am going to crash.

I'll post again with pix of our haul!!

No comments:

Post a Comment