Christmas 2012

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Quick and Easy Projects

I had two projects (along with a million other things) I wanted to get done this week. One was to reupholster my mother-in-law's chair. I love this woman dearly which is important since she lives with us, but there are just some things about her I will never understand. This chair being one of them. She's lived with us for 4 years because of some health issues and we feel she couldn't make it on her own. No biggie, we enjoy having her around.

She has a house in Winchester that is packed full of "stuff". The "stuff" has sat there for 4 years. This past month we HAD to go get this computer chair she had in her bedroom. Here is what it looked like before I did anything to it...ick, gross, etc!! Needs some major major help!!



After being steam cleaned and using a half a bottle of febreeze I went through my fabric stash and found this great vibrant flower print. I have to say, I love how it turned out!!



Project #2

I have a love of shoes...no denying it! I wanted some glitter high heels that I saw, but I am a very frugal person (not stingy...frugal). I'm not paying $50 for a pair of gold glitter shoes. So... I ended up going to the thrift store and found the heinously awful olive green monstrosities...



...got some fabric glue and a ton of glitter and recreated them myself. After the glue dried with the glitter, I sprayed the shoes with an clear finishing spray and they have held up very well. Here is my finished product!! Oh, please disregard the dirty sock in the background :)

No comments:

Post a Comment