Christmas 2012

Friday, February 24, 2012

Master Bedroom Do-Over

This past week has been a learning experience involving a ton of patience, trial and error, hammering one's fingers multiple times, measuring, remeasuring, cutting, sanding, more hammering, sanding some more and painting....both Keith and myself are completely worn out.

I don't know why I always end up doing this to the both of us, but here is how it typically works...we discuss what we want to do to said "room", and then we just wait for awhile. Then (like this time) we decide to go and visit our local ReStore just to see what they have...and normally return home with something. This particular time we found 40ft of molding that we would need for our master bedroom (completely fantast buy for $13!!)...cue next project. Once we had this, I insisted that we go to Home Depot and get everything else and immediately get started...at this point it was 3:30 in the afternoon...much to my dismay Keith would not start on this until his next day off...a whole 3 days!!! I'm not sure what it is, but whenever I have all the materials, I go into overdrive, get stressed out, and stress Keith out...sorry hunny!! Anyway, we waited and got most of it done on Tuesday. I was able to finish everything else on Wednesday and Thursday. I am so sore it's ridiculous!

Doing this project has made me happy we have a "small" house. Our master is 11.5 x 9.5...not large by any means. Fortunately, our king bed fit in it and that was all we were worried about when we moved in.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE disregard the before photos...we were in disaster/tornado mode and thankfully it is no longer like that :)





We ended up using beadboard panneling that was 4ft x 4ft...did you know that Home Depot can cut this stuff?? I didn't. The lines on the original 4 x 8 piece went the wrong way so we had to have them all cut in half...thank goodness they did that for us. Then we topped it with our molding, caulked and sanded everything, and painted...it was that simple!! NOT!! After much work, a little bit of nagging, sore thumbs, and banging our heads against the wall, the end result is lovely (in my opinion)! Definitely takes our drab room to fab!





No comments:

Post a Comment